Thirsting for an MBA: Taste the Feeling at Emory
Emory’s Goizueta Business School, is named after Roberto Goizueta, the former CEO of the little local company, Coca Cola. Goizueta’s values of curiosity, intellectual courage and integrity are part of the Emory Goizueta ethos as well so keep these in mind as you approach Emory’s essays.
1. Define your short-term post-MBA career goals. How are your professional strengths, past experience and personal attributes aligned with these goals? (300 word limit)
Trace a Path: Emory is looking for bread crumbs… connect what you have done in the past to what you want to do post-MBA. This should be part of a coherent narrative that is realistic given your experience. With just 300 words, this is a straightforward essay. Clearly state what type of position you seek immediately following your MBA; be specific and list a potential position and target firm.
2. The business school is named for Roberto C. Goizueta, former Chairman and CEO of The Coca-Cola Company, who led the organization for 16 years, extending its global reach, quadrupling consumption, building brand responsibility, and creating unprecedented shareholder wealth. Mr. Goizueta’s core values guide us in educating Principled Leaders for Global Enterprise. Provide an example of your leadership – professional or personal – and explain what you learned about yourself through the experience. (300 word limit)
Did Stuff: Show admissions committee that you have driven results to accomplish objectives. More important than whether these results occurred is that you demonstrate self-awareness as a leader and the ability to motivate teams. Think about those values of curiosity, intellectual courage and integrity as you describe your leadership experience.
3. Complete one of the following statements. (250 word limit)
– I am passionate about…
– The best piece of advice I’ve received is…
– The best day of my life was…
– A personal goal I want to accomplish is…
Fill Gaps: Look over what you have written in the first two essays to identify key themes you have not addressed. For example, if your leadership example was professional, share a personal passion or extracurricular activity.
4. Share with the committee and your future classmates a fun or noteworthy fact about you. (25 word limit)
Show Your Fun! Who says that business school essays can’t be fun? Let the admissions committee get to know you better. Twenty-five words is just enough to peak their interest and leave them wanting more.
Still wondering how to pronounce the name of Emory’s business school? Here’s some help.
Stratus Admissions Counseling is a full service admissions counseling firm distinguished by its team based, multi-step process ensuring each application is crafted for optimum impact. Our MBA counseling team has a representative from virtually every top 20 MBA program, enabling us to provide school-specific guidance.
Sign up for a FREE consultation with a business school admissions specialist.
At Stratus, we know your time is valuable. You may be asking “why should I spend 30 minutes of my time speaking to an expert strategist?” The answer is this: we make it all about YOU. Your goals. Your profile. Your experience. This is an opportunity for us to explore your background and start to help you cultivate a plan of action for your future.
Use the form below to sign up today and a Stratus Admissions Specialist will contact you right away.